2024 WASHINGTON BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE CONFERENCE
June 12-14, 2024 Kennewick, WA
SUPPORTING RECOVERY IN A CHANGING WORLD
Join us as a speaker at the 2024 WBHC! Read on for more info or click HERE to get started.
The conference brings together a diverse group of presenters to share information about therapeutic interventions, recovery supports, promising programs, and policies that advance best practices. Our goal is to provide a learning experience that expands professional knowledge, promotes community partnerships, and helps make recovery a reality. We’re interested in sessions that are practical, replicable, and relevant to our attendees. We had over 650 attendees at the 2023 WBHC in Kennewick—this is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and experience, and inspire others!
As a presenter at the 2024 WBHC, you’ll gain visibility and have the opportunity to interact with a broad audience. Conference attendees include clinical staff, program managers, people with lived experience, family members, peers, nonprofit staff, and staff of system partners and state agencies including the Health Care Authority, the Department of Corrections, and DSHS.
Each proposal chosen will receive a complimentary conference registration and one night hotel accommodations for each presenter (up to the limit of speakers as noted below). Travel expenses and per diem are not provided.
Submitting a Proposal
- Most workshops are scheduled for 90 minutes (limit of 3 speakers); this year we will also be experimenting with a few TED-Style Talks of 18 minutes each (limit of 1 speaker per Talk). Please tailor proposal materials and objectives to fit within one of these time frames. More info on what we’re looking for in these sessions can be found on the submission website.
- If chosen, we expect that your presentation in June will reflect the materials & objectives submitted.
- You can find a list of required information for proposals HERE
- Please submit your proposal online HERE or copy & paste this address into your browser: http://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/077ce23c-9c38-468e-b344-356718f2193b
- Completed applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on December 6, 2023.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out by mid-February 2024.
We’re interested in proposals that address behavioral health across the lifespan of those served. Specific areas of interest for 2024 include:
- Race, Culture & Equity in Behavioral Health
- Substance Use & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment
- Health, Wellness & Whole Person Care
- Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHCs)
- Prevention & Early Intervention
- Corrections & Mental Health
- Recovery Supports
- Care Coordination & Population Health
- Consumer-Run and/or Peer Support Services
- Homelessness, Housing & Employment
- Crisis Outreach & Diversion Services
- Services for LGBTQ+ Communities
- Trauma-Informed Care/Services
- Older Adults & the Aging Population
- Children & Families, Youth in Transition Services
- Services for Veterans in Community Agency Settings
- Effective messaging, storytelling & advocacy
- Measurement-Based Care
- Management, Leadership & Operations (HR, payment & regulatory environment, customer service)
- Innovative Care Practices (including but not limited to suicide prevention, evidence-based, best & promising practices, competency restoration services, helping clients transition from inpatient to community services)
Looking for slides or handouts from a session at the 2023 WBHC? You can find them HERE for sessions which have made them available.
Questions? Need help with the application? Contact Alison Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 628-4608 x12.
The Washington Council for Behavioral Health is grateful for funding from the Health Care Authority & the Department of Corrections.