This training calendar is designed to be a statewide resource about the latest training opportunities in mental health and substance abuse recovery across Washington State. Most of these trainings are organized by outside organizations, so make sure to scroll down on the page of the training you’re interested in if you have questions or need to contact someone about the training. We invite you to learn about upcoming events and/or request that your training event be added to the calendar!
- This event has passed.
Youth & Family Certified Peer Counseling
March 21, 2016 - March 25, 2016
In order to attend this Youth and Family training to become a certified peer counselor you must apply with Washington State University.
Application found at: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/fsa/forms?field_number_value=10-356&title
- 40 hour training.
- You cannot miss more than 3 hours of the training or you will not be certified.
- There will be a test within 30 days of training.
- People who pass the test can be eligible to work at licensed mental health agencies in Washington State.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
For more information, see the flyer HERE.
Posting a training event
We encourage providers, state agencies, and consumer advocacy organizations to send us your training opportunities. To request that your training event be added to the calendar, please contact Alison Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Brief summary
- Contact information
- Copy of the flier or registration brochure