- This event has passed.
NAMI Washington 2019 State Conference
October 4 @ 1:00 pm - October 5 @ 4:00 pm
Forty years ago NAMI began its work fighting stigma and increasing education around mental health issues. This year, the NAMI Washington State Conference will bring together people living with mental illness, family members, legal, medical and research professionals and providers, over two days to explore and celebrate the last 40 years of work in the mental health field, and to consider where we have yet to go.
The conference begins on Friday, October 4th at 1:00 PM and ends on Saturday, October 5th at 4:00 PM.
Below you will find links to register for the conference, make hotel reservations, obtain a scholarship application, as well as submit artwork for the art show.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER
It is important to know a few things before you register:
- Early Bird Registration is open until September 7th. After that the registration fees for the conference will increase.
- The Conference Registration fee includes access to the conference, vendors, art show, and the following meals: Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast and Lunch, as well as snacks.
- The Conference Registration fee is SEPARATE from the hotel room reservations. In order to make hotel reservations see the section below about the Howard Johnson Plaza in Yakima.
- If you are bringing guests who will join you for meals, you can purchase guest meal tickets during the registration process. Passes can be purchased for specific meals or for all meals.
- If you are not currently a member of NAMI, become one today and you can register for the conference at the NAMI Member Rate! To become a NAMI member click here.
Register by September 7th and get the Early Bird Registration Rate!
Just visit the
Howard Johnson Plaza
ATTENDEES MUST MAKE THEIR OWN HOTEL RESERVATIONS SEPARATE FROM CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
The Howard Johnson Plaza has set aside rooms for NAMI WA Conference attendees. Conference Guests should call the front desk at 509-452-6511 and reference the NAMI WA Conference and October 4-5 stay dates in order to get the discounted Conference Rate. The rate is $89.00 + tax per night and includes breakfast every morning.
Hotel location: 9 N. 9th St., Yakima, WA, 98901
SCHOLARSHIP, ART SHOW, AND AWARD FORMS
There are limited scholarships available to help members of NAMI Washington attend the conference. Please click on the Conference Scholarship Application below. For people living with behavioral health condition in King County you may be eligible to apply for an additional scholarship from NAMI Seattle – click here for that information.