This training calendar is designed to be a statewide resource about the latest training opportunities in mental health and substance abuse recovery across Washington State. Most of these trainings are organized by outside organizations, so make sure to scroll down on the page of the training you’re interested in if you have questions or need to contact someone about the training. We invite you to learn about upcoming events and/or request that your training event be added to the calendar!
- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid (Adult)
March 27, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$130
This is a virtual class divided into 2 parts.
- Part 1 is a 2-hour self-paced module, which attendees will have 2 weeks to complete.
- Part 2 is a live Zoom class that will be held on March 27th beginning at 9:00 am.
Mental Health First Aid takes the fear and hesitation out of starting conversations about mental health and substance use problems by improving understanding and providing an action plan that teaches people to safely and responsibly identify and address a potential mental illness or substance use disorder.
Depression and mood disorders
Substance Use Disorders
Mental Health First Aid teaches about recovery and resiliency – the belief that individuals experiencing these challenges can and do get better, and use their strengths to stay well.
- Minimum Class of 10. If 10 participants are not registered, we will cancel the event and issue a refund.
- Ticket sales will end on March 13th to give attendees time to finish their self-paced modules.
- After March 13, a cancellation will not result in a full refund.
Posting a training event
We encourage providers, state agencies, and consumer advocacy organizations to send us your training opportunities. To request that your training event be added to the calendar, please contact Alison Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Brief summary
- Contact information
- Copy of the flier or registration brochure