This training calendar is designed to be a statewide resource about the latest training opportunities in mental health and substance abuse recovery across Washington State. We invite you to learn about upcoming events and/or request that your training event be added to the calendar!
- This event has passed.
African American/Black Male Trauma 103
August 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$199
Ecological approach to healing from trauma
- Revisit the impact of trauma from an Africana framework
- Trauma experienced by African American/Black males and the impact on the community
- Healing the trauma experienced by African American/Black males and Criminal Justice System
- Key components for Trauma-Informed ways of healing for African American/Black males that influences community healing
- African American/Black males and the connection to family leading to cultural ways of healing from trauma
- Transference, countertransference and managing fear when working with African American/Black males impacting by trauma
For more information or to register, please CLICK HERE.
Posting a training event
We encourage providers, state agencies, and consumer advocacy organizations to send us your training opportunities. To request that your training event be added to the calendar, please contact Alison Avery at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Brief summary
- Contact information
- Copy of the flier or registration brochure